Map of Sites
Haunted Birches Event
Map of Sites
Haunted Birches Event
Rules to Ensure the Safety and Enjoyment of All
Checkout time 12:00 pm. Check in time 2:00 pm
Base site rate covers 2 adults and up to 3 children ages 5 thru 17. Additional campers will result in additional fees. Site occupancy is restricted to no more than 4 adults.
Base site rate covers one camping unit (tent, pop up, travel trailer or motor home) and one tent or two tents per site. Space permitting a screen house is permitted.
All camping units are to be located within the site proper. No pitching of tents, etc. in the shrubbery between sites, the grass areas of bordering roadways or in center circles.
The registered camper is entitled to park only one vehicle on a site. A second car may be permitted if it can fit on the site. Cars are not to be parked on the shrubs or in the roadway. Additional parking is available by the beach bathhouse and also in front of the Store/Office parking lots.
A registered camper must make advanced arrangements for visitors.
No more than two (2) visitors at a time.
Visitors must register at the office. Visitors are subject to a visitor fees.
Guest/visitor vehicles must park in lot in front of the Store/Office.
The registered camper is responsible for the conduct of their visitors.
Visitors are permitted from 9 AM- 9:00 PM
Parents/Guardians are responsible for the conduct of minor children.
Children must be on site by the start of Quiet Hours unless accompanied by an adult.
For safety, an adult should accompany children under 14 to the bathhouse.
Under age drinking is not tolerated at all. We patrol and the police will be called and under age drinkers will likely be removed into protective custody.
NH state law prohibits out of state firewood being transported over state lines. Please help protect our forests. Fire wood is available at our store.
Campfires are allowed only after the Campton Fire Dept. has issued a Fire Permit for the season. Such permits can be suspended during excessively dry weather. Campfires are not allowed during such periods.
State regulations prohibit campfires between 9am and 5pm except for cooking fires that must be extinguished following the meal.
Campfires must be extinguished by midnight.
Campfires are allowed only in the fire pits or fire rings provided.
State regulations prohibit moving or creating additional fire pits or fire rings.
Campfires are to be kept under control and no higher than waste high.
Only clean firewood to be burned. No pallets or construction debris and no wood containing nails, staples or metal plates. They may be hazards for anyone in bare feet.
FIRE PITS ARE NOT INCINERATORS. PLEASE DO NOT THROW CANS OR BOTTLES INTO THE FIRE PIT. THEY ARE ACCIDENTAL HAZARDS FOR THOSE CLEANING THE PITS. SERIOUS CUTS OR BURNS HAVE OCCURRED TO THE EMPLOYEES! Also, plastic can produce toxic smoke that can injure.
Foraging for firewood in forested areas of the campground is not allowed. Decomposing downed trees and branches help to renew these areas. CUTTING OF ANY TREE, BRANCH OR BUSH, LIVING OR DEAD, IS PROHIBITED AND YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
Quiet hours extend from 10:30 pm to 8:00 am. No radios, loud noise, flood lights, etc. during Quiet Hours, please..
Please be considerate of camping neighbors and converse in low voices.
Please extinguish all outside lighting upon retiring.
Dumpsters are conveniently located for your use. Please place garbage inside the dumpster, not on the top of the lid.
Please do not leave garbage on-site or at the edge of road when checking out. Wild animals may get to it first.
If you wish to avoid attracting nocturnal scavengers, such as skunks, do not leave pet food, food bowls, dirty grills or bags of garbage on the ground.
ALL SWIMMING AREAS:
NO LIFE GUARD ON DUTY, SWIM AT OWN RISK!
Impaired behavior due to intoxication will not be tolerated in any swimming area.
Always swim with a buddy.
A parent, adult relative or guardian must accompany a minor under 14 years of age.
Pets are not permitted within any swimming area.
Glass containers are not permitted within any swimming area.
No diving, running, spitting or horseplay.
Slide feet first only when using the Flumes.
Children not potty trained must wear “Little Swimmers” (available at store). Diapers not allowed in pool area.
Must take showering bathhouse before using pool.
Do not use the pool if you have a communicable disease, skin disease or open wounds.
No food or beverages are permitted within the pool area.
No smoking within pool area.
14. Our insurance company asks that river swimming be limited to the beach area in Section 12.
15. River swimming after dark can be dangerous - please don’t do it.
1. A reasonable number of well-mannered non-aggressive pets are welcome.
2. Dogs must be kept on a leash whenever not confined to the camp unit.
3. Animal’s owners must clean up all droppings.
4. Pets may not be left unattended in the camping unit or on the campsite. Barking dogs are especially annoying to neighbors. Branch Brook management can suggest a boarding or day care at a nearby nearby kennel. The Campton Police may be requested to remove problem animals left unattended on site.
5. Pets are not permitted in any buildings or cabins.
6. Please bring a copy of the pets’ rabies certificates for presentation at registration.
1. State law prohibits the dumping of gray water on ground.
2. Washing dishes, clothes, or pets at public water spigots or restrooms is not permitted. There is a pot washing station at the beach bath house
3. Please, no bathing using soap in the pond, brook or river.
4. Washing of cars or RVs in the campground is not allowed.
1. The use of motorcycles (except as the primary transport), mopeds, motorized scooters, ATVs, etc. is not permitted.
2. The use, or public display, of any firearm, slingshot, bow and arrow, cross bow, or any other weapon within Branch Brook is strictly prohibited. No potato guns or cap guns also.
3. Chain saws not allowed.
4. No electric heaters or air conditioners unless on a 30 or 50 amp site. Discuss any medical need with management.
5. OUR personnel & Campton Police patrol all parts of campground. No barricades of any road or campsite is permitted.
Copyright 2013 Branch Brook Campground